Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Windows Mail Fix

Once again, I am glad that I regularly read Sandi Hardmeier's blog, "Spyware Sucks". I thought that my Windows Mail accounts had become corrupt because outgoing mail was not being sent. However, from Sandi, I learned that yesterday Microsoft released Knowledge Base Article 941090: Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a computer that is running Windows Vista:
"On a computer that is running Windows Vista, some messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail. You cannot send or delete these messages. Additionally, every time that you close Windows Mail, you are prompted that there are unsent messages in your Outbox."
You will be prompted to restart your computer after installing the update.

Thank you, Sandi!

References:



Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...

1 comment:

Alex said...

At work with mails I recommend to use this tool-recover outlook express email,it helped me not once and has free status as is known,utiltiy is reliable and it is easy in use in my opinion,program compatible with all currently supported versions of Outlook Express and Microsoft Windows,keeps your mailbox in many files of dbx format, but, it does not split messages from attached documents,can work with very large files of dbx format and process them in a batch mode,will see the list of files, that are a part of your mailbox,process of email recovery in Outlook Express represents the recovery of corresponding files with dbx extension.