Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lunch Time Reading: How to set up a new PC in one easy session

Yes, here I am at my desk, salad to one side and I just finished reading Ed Bott's article, How to set up a new PC in one easy session. Although Ed presents the information as he works with clients, the advice is appropriate for the individual getting ready to migrate to a new computer.

One of the most difficult things to do is to "let go" -- of the old games, documents, e-mails and other clutter that have not been used since being transferred from the first family computer. Now is the time to archive possible "keepers" but consider carefully whether everything needs to be transferred to the new computer.

In addition to transferring irreplaceable family photos to the new computer, take this opportunity to back them up both to CD or DVD or secure on-line storage such as Windows Live SkyDrive.

I'll let you discover How to set up a new PC in one easy session while I finish my salad.




Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...

No comments: